An IPU requires some maintenance to guarantee correct functioning and operation. There is always the choice to do it yourself or leave it to a certified maintenance company (which we recommend).
Main issues that have to be dealt with (once a year) are:
- Inspection of all pumps: check cleanliness, remove dirt and floating substances, clean the pumps, check for corrosion and damages, check electronics and power supply.
- Check septic tank: measure and sample sedimentation on the bottom of the tank, check for cleanliness and damages.
- Digestion tanks: check for floating dirt and remove it, inspect for damages and fluid levels.
- Effluent shaft: Check for cleanliness, remove sediments, sample effluent and check for smell, and clarity.
- Final inspection of the whole system: check for damages, leaks and smell.